Allyship and Solidarity 101
The people we work with have experienced many forms of oppression and disenfranchisement stemming from racism and white supremacy, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, ableism, ageism, religious discrimination, etc. We are all part of the system that privileges some and disadvantages others. We will learn how to identify the mechanisms of power and privilege, and learn practical ways to demonstrate solidarity and allyship with those in the margins.
*To register for these trainings, log into your Talent LMS account, and search for the topics in the course catalog!
*Don’t have an LMS account? Complete this survey to be enrolled (at least 2 weeks before any training you wish to attend!):
General Training program notes:
- All trainings will continue as webcasts until such time that it is safe to gather again in person, and not before fall of 2021.
- Watch for other on-demand material in the LMS to be added over time!
- Core Curriculum topics require completion of a posttest to gain credit for attending.
- All training sessions require advance registration in the Talent LMS system.
- Scholarships are available for people with current or recent lived experience of homelessness, and for youth leaders. Contact Jake@suburbancook.org or your Youth System Navigator for more info.
- In-person trainings have an attendance capacity to ensure comfort for participants. Some web-based trainings have a maximum capacity.
- Most trainings will be offered again in future trimesters in other regions.
- All trainings are FREE unless otherwise noted.
- This schedule is subject to change.
- Social Work CEUs are furnished upon request. Indicate at the time of your registration if interested.