2019 Point-In-Time Homeless Count
The 2019 Point-In-Time Homeless Count is Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
The Alliance to End Homelessness in Suburban Cook County is the coordinator of a federally mandated homeless count that occurs every other year. During this single night, volunteers canvass the streets in groups of three or four and attempt to count every unsheltered homeless person in suburban Cook County. The results of the Homeless Count are reported to the federal government in order to secure funds for homelessness programs and create a baseline for continued efforts to end homelessness in suburban Cook County. The Homeless Count also helps to raise awareness about homeless issues in our communities.
For questions, please contact Scott Washington at email@example.com or 708-236-3261 ext. 5
Volunteer for the 2019 Homeless Count
Click here to sign up to volunteer on the night of Wednesday, February 6, 2019. The time depends on where you are volunteering. Each region decides the time period they feel will include the most individuals experiencing unsheltered homelessness.
- Dispatch Station: Northwest Compass, 1300 W. Northwest Hwy, Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
- Dinner and Volunteer Training: 6:00pm
- Homeless Count: 6:30pm to 12:30am
- Dispatch Station: Housing Forward, 1851 S 9th Ave, Maywood, IL 60153
- Dinner and Volunteer Training: 7:00pm
- Homeless Count: 8:00pm to 2:00am
- Dispatch Station: Respond Now, 1439 Emerald Ave, Chicago Heights, IL 60411
- Dinner and Volunteer Training: 9:00pm
- Homeless Count: 10:00pm to 3:00am
Serve as a Service Site Survey Agency
Click here to serve as a service sity survey agency. If your organization regularly encounters people who are homeless, we need your help the week of the Homeless Count. Please participate to help us accurately count all those experiencing homelessness in suburban Cook County.
Point-In-Time Homeless Count FAQs
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about the Point-In-Time Homeless Count.
Online Hotspot Locator
Click here to submit locations where people experiencing homlessness congregate, occupy shared space, and reside for habitation. Hotspots are updated for each Homeless Count to help us more accurately count all those experiencing unsheltered homlessness.
Gift Bag Donations
Click here if you would like to donate items to include in gift bags. On the night of the Homeless Count, each individual encountered will be given a gift bag with supplies and information on where to access resources. We are seeking the following donations:
- Socks, hats, scarves and gloves
- Gift cards to purchase food
- Gift cards to purchase clothing
- Individually wrapped non-perishable foods (ex. beef jerky, granola bars)
- First-aid supplies